Kaya Arıkoğlu, Y.Mimar, NCARB, Partner and Architect
The firm’s founder and its principal architect Kaya Arikoglu received his B.Arch. from University of Maryland in 1973 and M. Arch. from Cornell University in 1976. He taught at University of Maryland School of Architecture and practiced in Washington DC area. His early design work such as the “Washington DC Frank Reeves Municipal Building” and “The Presidential Plaza Office Buildings”, has received architectural recognition.
In 1992 he shared the first place award for the international Aga Khan sponsored competition for the “Revitalization of Samarkant”.
In 1993 Mr. Arikoglu established “Arikoglu Arkitekt Ltd.” In Adana,Turkey and began teaching at the Çukurova University Department of Architecture.
He received the “University of Maryland International Alumnus of the Year Award” in 1996 for his contribution to teaching and practice of architecture.
His knowledge of USA building standards has allowed his firm to continuously provide architectural design services for the USA Consulate in Adana. These services ranged from construction supervision to interior design and repair work.
Mr. Arikoglu continues to practice as a Principal / Designer in the Arikoglu Arkitekt Ltd. firm as well as serving on the Board of Fullbright Commission in Turkey.
- Adana Stadyumu Kentsel Gelişim Projesi, 15.11.2013
- Adana’yı Adana Yapanlar; Damar Arıkoğlu, 02.10.2012
- A Turkish-American from Adana Re-Visits MidWest, 15.10.2002
- ‘Sessizliğin resmini çizen’ mimar
- Nature Roportaj, 2007
- Mimarlık Kentleşmenin Neresinde?,14.5 2005
- “Mekansal Tercihlerimiz” Arkitera: Kaya Arıkoğlu Köşe Yazısı, 01.09.2004
- Korumanın Maliyeti, 6.4.2004
- “The City of Tomorrow” ( “Geleceğin Kenti ve Planlaması”)
- Kaya Arikoglu’s Interview with Prof. Bechhoefer in Adana on the occasion of his return from his visit to Southeastern Turkey. 04.10.2004
- Sapanca Bildirisinden Sonrası Düşünceler, 1991 ilkbaharı
- Steingruber’in Alfabesi, Subat 2006
- “Küresel Söylemler” / “Yerel Eylemler”, 6 Haziran 2005
- Plancılar Kendilerine Sormalı: "Planladığım Kentte Yaşamak İster miyim?"